I'm finally getting around to posting about Christmas. I guess it's about time! I seem to be struggling to keep up the blog lately, but it just seems like there's always so much to do and so little time to do it all. So here's our Christmas in a nutshell:
Christmas Eve
When Brian got home from work we got things rolling by having the boys open the Christmas gifts they had given to each other. This is a carry over from my family where we always opened our sibling gifts on Christmas Eve so that they didn't get lost in the excitement of Christmas Day. Ethan got the game Hullabaloo and Tanner got CandyLand Castle, and they've both been big hits. We had a great time at Bri's parent's home this year. Everyone enjoyed a quick chat with Michael in South Korea. We had a nice turkey dinner (nice for everyone but Ethan) and then had fun cracking the pinata. The hitting order goes youngest to oldest, so I don't think I've ever had a chance at a hit since Sam and Mat make it their goal to destroy it before anyone else has a chance. So this year Tanner, Ethan, and Sam all got hits before Mat demolished it. 
Next we opened presents and the boys were delighted with all that they got including books, stuffed animals, a suit, new shoes, diggers, some city building blocks and a marble tower. They were thrilled with everything, but the diggers have been an especially big hit.
Thanks Mom and Dad for a great Christmas Eve and for your generosity.
Christmas Day
Brian and I were up before the boys and so we read for a little bit before we heard Ethan calling from his room. We had to wake tired Tanner up. They were surprised and happy! Santa had come.
Later in the day we went to my mom and dad's house for our family gathering. The boys both received some Power Rangers and pirate ships! By this point I didn't think our boys could be anymore blessed. They have such wonderful and generous grandparents.
Finally we headed over to my grandpa's house for some Christmas Day fun with Grandpa J and the Muir's. I think we were all missing Grandma a lot that evening, and we all got emotional when Nicole's introduction to the family cookbook was read. It's still hard for me to see Grandpa without Grandma by his side. But I'm sure she was happy to see us all gathered together and I'm sure she had a merrier Christmas in heaven this year.

This Christmas I feel so blessed and loved. Before Christmas I was worried that it would be a hard year since we have been so worried about Bri's job and our financial outlook, however for a few weeks those worries were taken from me and I was able to fully enjoy the Christmas season. I think that was a true blessing and I am so thankful for it. And I am thankful for wonderful family who made our Christmas special and memorable and who blessed us with so many nice things. We love you.
This Christmas I feel so blessed and loved. Before Christmas I was worried that it would be a hard year since we have been so worried about Bri's job and our financial outlook, however for a few weeks those worries were taken from me and I was able to fully enjoy the Christmas season. I think that was a true blessing and I am so thankful for it. And I am thankful for wonderful family who made our Christmas special and memorable and who blessed us with so many nice things. We love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment